Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: AG article in LIFE

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG is the cover article in the LIFE magazine that came in our morning paper. It is a cute picture of a girl that looks and dresses like Kirsten with her Kirsten doll. It is followed by about a four page article with lots of nice pictures at AGP. The main just of the article is that it is a wholesome toy and how the girls really like it. It has sentences like "There is perhaps no girlier spot on the planet than American Girl Place", "American Girl Place is not only home to a mega-million-dollar doll business, it marks the return to girlhood", and a comment from a girl about AG being a great way to learn about history. A nice article really. I loved the title ..... Move over, Barbie Why millions love their American Girl Doll.

    Bonnie

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    That sounds like an awesome article!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It does!!!! maybe LIFE will have it also online so we can read it too?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The cover is online at their web-site. But it doesn't appear that you can read the articles there.


    LIFE mag web site

  5. #5
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar
    That is a very cute cover!!

  6. #6
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    I agree about the cover picture online...here is the link

    life online cover

  7. #7
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    THAT'S MY NIECE!!! She went to AGPC in July for her birthday and wore the dresses I made her and Kirsten last year. Someone was writing an article and they kept taking photos of her. It's not a studio photo or anything...it was taken right at AGPC. It made her birthday.

    I think she looks adorable. (and not just because it's the outfit I made her). If anyone can send me a paper I'd be happy to pay for that section and the postage.

  8. #8
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Congratulations! Wow a niece on the front cover! That is too cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I just emailed the link to everyone I know. I thought it was going to be in Sunday's paper. Now I want to run out and see if I can find a local paper.

  10. #10
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    That's so cool Michele! Your niece will be thrilled to see herself on the cover.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Sure beats getting your picture taken at AGP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •